Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm a Truly Authentic Mom

So well over a month ago recently a friend Kelly tagged me and I have been working on this ever since. Not only is it harder then you would think to come up with 5 Mommy facts but I have had to rewrite this 3 times! Blogger apparently hates me....

But without further adieu my 5 facts in no particular order...

1. I am a bit obsessed with taking pictures of my children. You would think after having three I would take less now. But no, if anything I take more now then when I first had Jordan. I want to remember all the small moments and I feel like I can really capture that with pictures. My Mother has a very small box that is filled with all the photos from our childhood. I want my kids to have a much bigger box.

2. I am far from perfect and I know it. I am always trying my best though. I try my best to be there for them in their happiest moments always trying to make myself a part of it. I try my best to feed them well. I try my best to always be involved in the little things that make up their days. I try my best to always give extra hugs and kisses and tell them I love them. I try my best to get down on their level and understand what makes them each their own unique individual child. I am always telling myself that I can not do more then I can do and as long as I am always trying my best everything will be great.

3.  I loved being pregnant. Even those moments when I was uncomfortable, when I couldn't get any sleep, every inch of my body ached, and through all the pain associated with three completely natural births, I still loved every moment of it all.

4. I understand that being a mother is the most important thing I can do right now. I pray all the time that I will be a good mom. I love being a mommy. I've always wanted to be one even when I was a child. I try and enjoy every moment no matter how trying or upsetting or wild it is.

5. I am always worrying like crazy, specifically that I'm not doing a good enough job for my kids. I worry I'm unconsciously causing some unseen damage that will come out later in some adult therapy sessions. But I am fully aware that the fact that I worry is because more than anything in this world, I want to be the best mom for my wonderful babies and raise them to be happy, healthy, responsible, loving, caring, generous adults. I believe that although I try not to worry since it really does stress me out, it's actually a good thing. Because every time I worry, I try a little bit harder the next day.

And I think that definitely makes me a Truly Authentic Mom.

So to keep the fun going I tag:

Erin
Tara
Gretchen
Hanan

No comments:

Post a Comment