Monday, February 15, 2010

Meal Plan - Week 1/2

One of my New Years Resolutions was to start a dinner meal plan. I'm just getting to it now. Hey...better late then never! It's something that I think will destress me a bit. I plan on making some meals and freezing them too. I am always scrambling to find something for dinner and hope this helps make the dinner process a bit easier for me. Since Jay isn't home 3 nights a week I found that I have been cooking dinner less and less so this hopefully will get me back in the habit.

I plan on posting 2 weeks worth of meal plans at a time, getting all the nonperishable items every 2 weeks and hopefully freezing a few extra meals every couple weeks as well. That way I should have a good backup for those busier days. So that's my plan! :o) Here I go....

Week 2/15/- 2/21
Monday - Sheperd's Pie
This is a yummy one. I've kind of tweaked it a bit for our family but this is what I based it off of.

Tuesday - Taco Casserole x2 (my frozen meal for the week).
Going to try this for the first time. Found it from one of the blogs I follow.

Wednesday - Steak, Potatoes and Salad. 
Once again found this on the blog I follow above.

Thursday - Spaghetti and Meatballs with Salad and French Bread.

Friday - Chili and Cornbread.
Trying this new cornbread recipe. I might switch back to my old one but for now this is what I plan on using. The chili is a combination of a bunch of different recipes that I have found online. I will post the recipe on here later.

Saturday - Pot Roast with veggies.

Sunday - Fajitas
Basic steak fajitas with green/yellow/red peppers and I've added avocado and a bit of salsa for a twist. 

Week 2/22-2/28
Monday -  Taco Salad
Trying this since I thought it sounded yummy!

Tuesday - Chicken Parm x2 (My frozen meal)

Wednesday -Meat Loaf

Thursday - Hot dogs and Pasta Salad.


Friday - Pizza
Making my own dough! Doing a veggie, chicken, onion pizza and another that the kids get to pick toppings for.


Saturday - Cheeseburger Quiche

Sunday - Chicken Salad Family Recipe - Lots of yummy veggies and chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment